- INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
You provide us with information (personal and impersonal) by creating an Account, using the gigl Platform and the App and communicating with us, the Company, and other Users generally. You may also provide information by telephone (such as SMS, Whatsapp etc) or by email, but this is more unusual. Let’s call this “Information”.
If you are using the gigl Platform as a Gigler, Information may include your name, email address, physical/correspondence address, availability dates, photograph, audio/video recording of yourself, description, contact details, previous employment experience, identification documents (such as passport, driving license etc, which the Company or its trusted third parties may use to verify your identity), social media accounts and addresses, copies of pertinent documents required by Employers or any legal authorities, date of birth, bank account details, and any other details you may be asked to provide either to create an Account and become a User, or you may wish to place on the gigl Platform in order to increase your potential.
If you are using the gigl Platform as a Employer, we may take the same Information as a Gigler, with logical amendments.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The following Information will be automatically collected each time a User uses the gigl platform:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the dates and times you use the gigl Platform, Gig-Jobs viewed, posted or applied for, viewing/searching for screen response times, download errors, length of visits to certain screens, screen interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page.
We also collect Information from other sources.
This is Information provided to us by third party sources, for the benefit of the gigl community. For example:
If you are an Employer, we may collect further Information about you from credit reporting agencies. We may combine this data with the other Information we have collected about you via the gigl Platform. Where possible we will notify you when such Information is received, and how the Company will use it.
- COOKIES NOMNOMNOM…
- Session cookies are flighty little creatures, and used to remember selections made when using the gigl Platform. But alas! When you leave the gigl Platform or close any browser they are automatically deleted and never spoken of again.
- Persistent cookies are more stubborn creatures. They identify you when you return to the gigl Platform. They’re pretty smart too – we can train them to remember certain Information about your preferences. They are however a force for good – the gigl Platform is an evolving being, and with the power of persistent cookies we can continue to develop the App and the gigl Platform generally. Persistent cookies are stored on your device and are not deleted when the browser is closed. If you want rid of these critters you need to manually delete them.
There are 4 types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary – required for technical reasons, such as to enable you to easily navigate the gigl Platform, and for us to monitor any bugs, defaults, blue screens of death etc. A User’s ease of use of the gigl Platform may be impaired if these are blocked or disabled.
- Performance – like having coffee in the morning, these enhance the performance of the gigl Platform by feeding the Company nourishing information such as the number of Users, how they interact with each other etc. The information is statistical-only, non-identifiable and quenches the Company’s thirst for improving the gigl experience.
- Functionality – these help us remember a User’s preferences and improve their interaction with the gigl Platform.
- Analytical – boffin cookies. These collate data about a User’s habits when using the gigl Platform. They may be mixed with other Information about a User to enhance the gigl Platform and the User’s experience.
We may share the Information collated through the cookies, in an anonymised form, with selected third parties. If you don’t want this, block or disable your cookies. This might however affect your gigl experience on the gigl Platform.
We allow our own cookies on the gigl Platform. But we may also allow our trusted third party partner companies to set their own cookies on our beloved gigl Platform.
- USING INFORMATION
We don’t collect Information for fun. We collect it for various purposes, directly or indirectly to improve a User’s experience on the gigl Platform.
Regarding Information you give us, we may use it to:
- Enhance your experience on the gigl Platform;
- Provide you with additional information/services that may be of interest to you whilst you gigl;
- Inform you of any changes to the gigl Platform and its content; and
- Present the gigl Platform in the most appropriate form on the device you use.
Regarding Information we collect about you, we may use it to:
- Administer the gigl Platform, including for testing, development, research, debugging, improvement, troubleshooting etc;
- Update and improve the gigl Platform, both content-wise and presentationally, to enhance your User experience;
- Try and keep the gigl Platform and its Users safe, secure and trouble-free;
- Recommend items which we think may be of interest to you; and
- Combine the Information with that from other sources, again for the above purposes.
- DISCLOSING INFORMATION
By using the gigl Platform you agree that we can share your Information, including personal data, with
- Any of the parties defined as the Company;
- Our trusted and selected third party companies, including (but not limited to) verification and reference agencies, business suppliers, partners and sub-contractors, analytics and search-engine providers;
- Occasionally when contracting for services, we may be required to disclose Information as part of corporate due diligence. Where possible we will seek appropriate protections from such third party;
- When we are required/obliged/mandated to do so by our Terms of Service (see www.getgigl.com/terms); and
- When we are required by law to do so.
- WHERE IS YOUR INFORMATION STORED?
Your Information is stored on secure servers hosted by trusted third parties. You are responsible for your Account and should keep any password or confidential information held by you safe and secure. DO NOT SHARE IT WITH ANYONE! If you have any questions or concerns you should inform us immediately in writing to email@example.com.
We do our best to protect your Information. However the internet is a dark and mysterious place. We can’t guarantee that it will be 100% secure and so any transmission of Information is at your own risk. Once received, however, we have stringent security measures in place to try and prevent unauthorised access to it.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have various rights relating to your Information. These include:
- To access the Information we hold about you;
- To rectify the Information we hold about you;
- To erase certain Information we hold about you (such as when it is no longer necessary for us to hold it or you object to us holding it); and
- The right to transfer your Information to a new service provider if (boo hoo) you no longer want to use the gigl Platform to gigl.
You can contact us at any time by firstname.lastname@example.org to request any of the above.
The third parties used by the gigl Platform may contain links to their own websites/apps. These may have their own terms of service and/or privacy policies. You should read these carefully before submitting any Information.
- THINGS CHANGE AND SO DO WE…
If you have any grumbles about how we handle your Information please contact us first. We will try and help. Otherwise your alternative is to submit a complaint directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). For further details on how to complain to the ICO, please follow the links below: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
Go forth and gigl!